- Love it. Pick a cause that you feel passionate about. Find an organization that reflects that passion. Remember the volunteering rule of thumb: do something you love.
- Share. Put your skills, talents and time to good use. Hone your skills, own your time. Go out into the community, find a need, fill it and feel fulfilled!
- Discover. Learn a new skill, take on a bigger challenge, broaden your horizons, explore options, and immerse yourself in unique situations.
- Set goals. Align volunteering with your life or career goals. Want to lose a few pounds? Play ball with children. Want to learn to cook? Serve dinner at a homeless shelter. Want to be a leader? Head up a board. Set your goals and then go get ‘em.
- Socialize. Strengthen bonds, share values, and create wonderful memories doing something worthwhile. Bring family. Grab old friends. Make new ones.
- Enjoy. Bring your sense of humor and your enthusiasm. Go with an open mind. Most importantly, go with an open heart.
Check out www.volunteercalgary.ab.ca for volunteering opportunities in Calgary!